A downloadable work in progress for Windows
***UPDATE IN PROGRESS***
- Released: Interim update no. 01, Built at 11:30pm on 7-31-2019
- LODs may fade in too early, resulting in a noticeable loss of detail on meshes closer than a few meters from the camera. Working on that.
- ENEMIES DON'T HAVE WEAPONS! Enjoy the freedom, next interim post is all about AI combat improvements and NPC vendors. :)
- Weapon slots, Inventory System; meshes visible on character, no HUD.
- Combat transition from free-swinging to locked weapons, swords in the bind. "Binding & winding" favours quick reactions and perceptiveness of enemy sword movement.
- Sheilds; Arming swords; spears; axes; No progress
- Bind&Wind system being animated.
|VFX AND SECONDARY GAMEPLAY|
- Time of day cycles; random season-based weather; northern biome.
- Survival Aspects; regen health(?), bandaging, eating/drinking/resting, integration into cities w/ inns, hospitals, taverns, food markets, etc.
- Money/bartering system?
- NPC groups & behaviors;
IN-City; Farmers, Street vendors, Shop/Inn keeps.
OUT-City; Bandits, Raiders, Merchants, Travelers.
|- Time of day being reworked;|
- Infrastructure and VS C++ character code ready for basic implementation. Survival system being built.
- NPC Animations for keeps,merchants, etc is N/A. Low Priority.
A series of ideas I've had out of boredom, packed into a zip file for you to play with.
After seeing the end of game of thrones I thought it would be pretty cool to make a game about surviving the north. Currently my assets are far from that look and feel, but my focus is on the core game play elements of fighting, hunting, and self-care. I'd love to add in snow and cold, campfires and alcohol. In the long run, this may be a game about setting up a successful town in the wilderness, or surviving in one. I know a lot about urban design and architectural design, and I think It'd be fun to create a living, self-sustaining town, using AI and resource goals/consumption. In the end, I aim to make this multiplayer, so that you can create and manage towns with your friends/strangers, fight other towns, or survive in the wild. or maybe this may end up being a territory control multiplayer game with NPCs.
Enjoy! Give as much feedback as you want. This is something I don't think I'm going to stop working on, but takes a lower priority than life. Progress will be slow.
H O W T O P L A Y
WASD/Space, standard movement.
Press right ALT to toggle between FPS and TPS cameras.
Hold Middle mouse button to reach out and pick something up.
click RMB to nock a bow. Hold LMB to draw. Release LMB to loose.
Press R to equip your sword; Z to put it back; TAB to change weapons.
If the weapon is bugged, sheath and then draw it.
To swing; press/hold Left Mouse Button, drag left/right, then up/down to adjust your swing.
Hold Right Mouse Button to defend from the 'Longpoint' stance. Good for defense against low attacks.
Hold Q / E to transition to 'Ochs'. Good for defense against mid-high attacks.
Some 'secret' swings are hidden in transitions between stances. Play with it to figure them out :)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.